The Pune Transit Home was opened in Pune in 2004. After GSH had been operating for several years, it became increasingly clear that the a transit home was needed.
A transit home enables GSH to:
- Have an inner city presence
- Network with other agencies directly
- Have proximity to the neediest slums and city areas.
- Aid GSH in assessing needs and taking action where needed.
The transit home is the presently the main GSH admission centre. The home is situated very close to the Pune railway terminus and is easily accessible for all. In six years of operations, 40 kids have been admitted and helped off the street.
Some of the agencies that GSH networks with in Pune are:
- Compassion for India Charity Foundation
- Jeevan Jyoti Charity Foundation
- Mukhti Udharan Seva Trust